Clean carpeting is essential to maintaining a healthy and productive environment for employees at work. At home, a properly cleaned carpet is necessary for relaxation and wellbeing. Hiring a carpet cleaning service in Washington, MO that understands the differences between commercial and residential carpeting can help you to extend your flooring’s lifespan and better your environment’s air quality.
While most homes come equipped with exclusively residential flooring, you may be surprised to learn that some of the carpeting in your house is suited for commercial purposes. Spaces such as basements and home offices are occasionally outfitted with commercial carpeting, either to cut down on construction costs or to present a more professional atmosphere:
- Designed for comfort: Residential carpeting is designed for spaces where you can take off your shoes, kick back your feet and relax after a long day. For this reason, the primary function performed by residential carpeting is to provide you with a cozy, comfortable atmosphere. Softer residential flooring is typically composed of longer yarn coils that result in plush feelings for bare feet.
- Productivity and durability: Commercial carpeting is built to handle high amounts of traffic, convey a professional atmosphere and enhance worker productivity. Carpeting in commercial spaces is also designed to be treaded upon with shoes, rather than bare feet. The structure of commercial-grade flooring material is often denser and more springy, trading softness for economy and longevity.
- Alternative aesthetics: While residential carpeting should look inviting and comfortable, commercial carpeting should present guests with a professional and business-like atmosphere. It is important for a business to upkeep their carpeting’s appearance, as uneven cleaning patterns or stains can leave visitors with undesirable impressions. Flooring is one of the most noticeable aspects of any office, as it literally covers the entirety of the business’ working space.
- Differing levels of use: Due to the differing natures of commercial and residential spaces, their flooring obviously sees disparate levels of traffic and use. Typically speaking, residential carpeting will see much lower soil levels than commercial flooring. Factors like pet soils, however, can play a role in how often it is necessary to clean home-grade flooring.
- Regular vacuuming: The amount of regular cleaning that carpeting has seen is often dependent on whether it exists in a commercial space. Most industrial carpets are vacuumed on a daily or near-daily basis, while residential floors may see more than a week between cleaning cycles. The amount of attention paid to flooring often dictates the cleaning approach taken by a carpet cleaning service in Washington, MO.
All the factors differentiating commercial and residential carpeting mandate that they be treated differently throughout the cleaning process. For instance, the longer, softer yarn coils of residential carpet require more care to avoid damage, while commercial carpeting should be treated with high-quality detergents to help remove any bacterium or other unwelcome guests that may be hiding there.
Premier Carpet Care & Water Damage Restoration provides carpet cleaning service in Washington, MO. Call us today to learn about the cleaning methods that may be right for your flooring. Our talented technicians have been serving the communities in and around St. Louis and St. Charles counties since 2006.
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaning
This post was written by Writer