Flooding in rooms, attics, basements and crawlspaces can happen during any time of the year. Melting snow and burst pipes in the winter, heavy rainfall in the spring and flash floods in the summer are all times your home could flood, and you’ll have a major problem on your hands. If you have a flooding issue in your home, hiring a quality water damage restoration service in Washington, MO is a must if you want to get your home back to normal as soon as possible. Here are a few things to know and steps to take after your home has been damaged by a flood or burst pipe.
First: Call your insurance provider
Once you notice there could be flooding in your home, you should call your homeowner’s insurance provider ASAP. Waist-deep water in the basement is a definite way to know you have a water damage problem, but there are other less noticeable signs to watch for that could indicate water damage. Some of the signs include:
- Humidity in the air
- Condensation droplets around your home
- Smell of mold and mildew
- Discoloration and rot on your floors or walls
- Rust on metal surfaces, like HVAC systems
- A white powdery substance on floor boards
A water damage restoration service in Washington, MO will work closely with your insurance provider to ensure you’re not paying an arm and a leg to get your home back to normal.
Second: Call a company for water damage restoration
If your insurance provider doesn’t put you in contact with a company that’s known for doing quality water damage restoration work, you should immediately give us a call. Here are the steps a reputable company will take to get your home back to normal:
- Inspection: We’ll send a professional to your home to assess the damage. Our water damage inspection professional will be able to offer you a quote for our services based on the severity of the damage.
- Water extraction: Once you choose to hire us, we’ll remove all of the wet materials from the area ASAP to get the drying process underway. Rugs will be torn out, furniture will be removed and drywall and baseboards could be taken out to ensure proper restoration.
- Stabilizing and drying: Next we’ll remove all of the wet materials in your home. We’ll bring in commercial-grade equipment to dry the air in your home and increase air circulation. These steps should dry up all of the moisture in your home.
- Reassessment: After we believe that the damaged areas are dry, our inspectors will walk back through your home to ensure there aren’t any hidden pockets of moisture that could eventually turn into a mold and mildew issue.
- Reconstruction: The extent of this step varies on a case-by-case basis. Highly damaged areas, like a completely flooded basement, can require heavy reconstruction. However, a wall that has a little water damage may just require a new sheet of drywall.
At Premier Carpet Care & Water Damage Restoration, we want you to be prepared for possible disasters at all times. If you have flooding in your home, let your insurance provider know, and then give us a call for outstanding water damage restoration service in Washington, MO!
Categorised in: Water Damage Restoration
This post was written by Writer